CODE OF ETHICS
K. Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute
Authorization/Certification Code of Conduct
As the holder of this Authorization or Certification to teach I agree to uphold the KPJAYI Code of Conduct listed below:
- To teach the Ashtanga yoga method as taught by the directors of the KPJAYI in Mysore, India;
- To maintain a yoga room or shala to allow for daily, preferably morning, Mysore-style practice;
- To honor Saturdays and the full/new moon days as rest days;
- As an Authorized I teacher, teach the primary series only;
- As an Authorized II teacher, teach the primary and intermediate series only;
- Not participate in any teacher training program unless approved by KPJAYI;
- Not provide any training or workshop under any name (i.e., Ashtanga Teacher Intensive, Teacher Training, Ashtanga Intensive, Yoga Intensive) unless approved by KPJAYI;
- To provide a safe, professional environment free from sexual harassment or discrimination of any kind;
- To be respectful in conduct, speech and dress;
- To be held accountable for my own actions, behavior and speech, including anything which might be defined or perceived as abuse, harassment or otherwise immoral, unethical, or illegal conduct;
- Prominently display current Authorization/Certificate’s Code of Conduct in an area clearly visible to
- Not display out of date KPJAYI Authorization/Certification;
- Keep current contact information on the KPJAYI website.
Should KPJAYI revoke my Authorization/Certification, I promise to destroy or return it to KPJAYI.
By accepting this K. Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute Authorized or Certified status I understand that Authorizations and Certifications are the property of the K. Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute of Mysore, India and can be revoked at any time at the discretion of the KPJAYI directors.