Studio Etiquette and Guidelines
- The Mysore program is built upon a strong foundation of trust between the teacher and student. Prior to acceptance into the Mysore program, an informational meeting with the teacher is required. This gives us a chance to meet, share personal experiences, ask and answer questions, and set clear expectations of each other. Please contact me to schedule a meeting prior to your first practice.
- Students in the Mysore program are expected to practice at the Shala a minimum of three times per week. If you cannot commit to this level of participation, you may be dismissed from the program. If there are special reasons or extenuating circumstances for your inability to attend the minimum required practice, please discuss with me in advance.
- Please check yourself in upon arrival by signing the daily “Sign-in Sheet” each time you come to practice.
- Please maintain personal cleanliness and bring your own yoga mat and towel to practice daily. A hot shower before practice helps to increase flexibility and mental focus. Refrain from wearing any fragrances when coming to the Shala, as strong smells can make practice and breathing difficult for others. Dress in comfortable and modest clothes, being respectful of others and the Shala.
- Please do not eat before practice. Ideally, your digestive system should be as empty as possible. Refrain from eating any food at least 2-4 hours prior. Early morning practice is best after emptying bowel and bladder. Refrain from drinking water during practice, unless otherwise advised.
- No water bottles, cell phones, or other accessories are allowed in the practice space. Please keep the floors clear of anything but your mat and towel. All personal belongings should be stored in designated cubbies during practice.
- Do not ask for postures. Postures are given as/when deemed appropriate by the teacher.
- New students and out-of-town practitioners who practice beyond Primary Series: Everyone is required to begin with Primary Series when starting at the Shala, regardless of your practice, until we have an established relationship and I have approved your progression beyond Primary.
- Please maintain silence during and after practice, being mindful of others who are practicing around you. Social conversation is not to be had during practice hours at the Shala. Conversation is only permitted between the teacher and a student in relation to practice.
Payment and Dues
Students are expected to pay for the entire month of practice on the first day of each month. Please manage your accounts reliably and in a timely manner. New students starting after the first of the month will be prorated for their first month only. Please do not ask to prorate monthly Shala dues for miscellaneous absences.
There are no drop-ins or class passes, except for students who are visiting from out of town and have an established Mysore practice. Those who are interested in a “trial” are advised to sign up for a full month of practice. Alternately, appointments can be made for private instruction. For rates and further information about privates, please contact me.
Please make checks payable to Morning Glory Yoga Studio.
- $125 Per month
- $20 Drop-Ins – Out of town visitors w/ an Ashtanga Practice
Visitors should CONTACT AMY before arriving at the shala